Harald Pfeifer graduated from Maastricht University, where he also obtained his PhD in 2013. Since 2018, he holds the chair of “Economics of Vocational Education and Training” at the Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA) at Maastricht University. He is also head of Section “Ökonomie der Berufsbildung” at the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB) in Bonn, Germany. Harald Pfeifer works on topics in the fields of education economics, industrial relations, personnel economics and labour economics. He is also affiliated with the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) in Adelaide, Australia.
- Pfeifer, Harald; Gudrun Schönfeld and Felix Wenzelmann (2019): Former des apprentis en entreprise: un enjeu de responsabilité sociale? (Firms’ motivation to train apprentices – A matter of social responsibility?). Formation Emploi, 146(2), pp. 29-52.
- Koch, Benno; Samuel Muehlemann and Harald Pfeifer (2019): Do works councils improve the quality of apprenticeship training? Evidence from German workplace data. Journal of Participation and Employee Ownership 2(1), pp. 47-59.
- Pfeifer, Harald and Uschi Backes-Gellner (2018): Another piece of the puzzle: Firms’ investment in training as production of optimal skills inventory. Empirical Research in Vocational Education and Training 10(6), pp. 1-17.
- Pfeifer, Harald (2017): Works Councils and Absenteeism of Apprentices – An Empirical Analysis. Economic and Industrial Democracy, onlinefirst.
- Wenzelmann, Felix; Samuel Muehlemann and Harald Pfeifer (2017): The Costs of Recruiting Apprentices: Evidence from German Establishment-Level Data. German Journal of Human Resource Management 31(2), pp. 108-131.
- Jansen, Anika and Harald Pfeifer (2017): Pre-training competencies and the productivity of apprentices. Evidence-based HRM: a global forum for empirical scholarship 5(1), pp. 59-79.
- Muehlemann, Samuel and Harald Pfeifer (2016): The Structure of Hiring Costs in Germany: Evidence from Firm-Level Data. Industrial Relations 55 (2), pp. 193-218.
- Dietrich, Hans; Holger Alda; Harald Pfeifer; Felix Wenzelmann; Gudrun Schönfeld; Stefan Schiel and Stefan Seth (2014): Linked employer-employee data on firms’ training costs: Enriching register based LEE data with firm level data on apprenticeship training. Journal of Applied Social Science Studies (Schmollers Jahrbuch) 134 (2), pp. 237-248.
- Kriechel, Ben; Samuel Muehlemann; Harald Pfeifer and Miriam Schütte (2014): Works Councils, Collective Bargaining, and Apprenticeship Training – Evidence From German Firms. Industrial Relations 53 (2), pp. 199-222.
Harald Pfeifer at ideas: https://ideas.repec.org/e/ppf11.html